Don't Forget the Teacher's at V-Day Parties

Wednesday, February 10, 2016

When I was teaching English in Japan at a preschool there was nothing better than showing up with a room full of the cutest kids ever bringing little presents. Yes, I know the parents are usually the one's picking them out but it just made it so nice that they thought about me too. Now that I'm on the other side of things and Mr. Chrispy goes to a preschool twice a week I understand completely the gratitude parents have for teachers, or should have for teachers. Just in the few hours I'm able to run errands, workout, or even just do something for me (or do nothing at all), the point is during that time I don't worry because I left them with someone that I know will watch over my baby as I would.

I have developed a huge spot in my heart for the two women that watch over my baby and love him as their own so whenever there is a holiday or something fun, like a Valentine's party, I get all excited knowing not only will I be bringing in treats for all of his friends but I get to do something special for these ladies!

First off, no coffee mugs!! Seriously, unless its like the cutest cup in the world and has a Starbucks gift card in it, don't bother. Baked goods are nice, but they should come with something a little extra, especially if that's what you are giving to the kids as well. I usually aim for things that I would like to receive and if you know your teachers well enough you start to get to know the things they like, so put a little effort into getting to know your kids teachers.

This year I decided to get them both wall wax warmers, wax melts, and I baked them their own individual banana breads with chocolate chips. It's really not a lot, but something out of the box and both will enjoy. I also made sure to write out, in my own handwriting (it's more thoughtful), the recipe if they should try to duplicate it later. Lets face it, I hate getting to love a food from someone but they never gave me the recipe and then there is the game of "please send the recipe" like a thousand times before you finally get it…months later…I have experience!



Remember that these teachers are the one's taking care of our children, teaching them, are not high on the pay scale, and are the one's hosting these little parties in their classrooms so show a little love and give them something for all the hard work because lets face it, not everyone can be a teacher, that is for sure a calling! Can I get an AHEM?!!


And don't forget to make a little extra if you are baking because if your like Mr. Hubby, you get jealous of all the good eats everyone else is getting ;)


What are your favorite gifts to give teachers or coworkers?

Have a Happy Day Y'all!

No comments :

Post a Comment