2nd Street Market

Sunday, May 11, 2014

 This week has been such a blur I can't even begin to tell you the day it was or at what time it happened…is that weird? Does anyone else have those kind of weeks were everything is so busy that all the days start to collide and you are just in constant motion trying to get to the next thing…yep, that was me. I think I have posted before that I never go to the doctor unless it is completely necessary and since it haven't been in almost a year, I made myself an appointment for a few random things to get checked out. Well, due to my lack of doctor going, I am booked up for the next week with appointments to see everyone but a witch doctor! Seriously…what is wrong with me?! Nothing really, they just want me to get fully checked out since it has been so long. On top of it, I got to go to an event called Urban Night in Downtown Dayton to promote stella & dot, a company I love and adore, and also hang with some drag queens…no kidding, there were drag queens and food trucks! Oh..the food trucks! I went to this one called Mohawk and it is mainly sirloin burgers that I waited 20 minutes for and ate in 1! I'm normally not one to eat a whole lot of fast food or unhealthy but man, this burger was worth every minute and calorie!

The evening went on for hours and I didn't' get home till 10:30, which really isn't that late, but when you have a wild toddler at 7 am you need all the sleep you can get! I even had a sweet man walk me to the car with all my stuff to make sure I got there safely…CHIVALRY!! I live for that kind of stuff! He was the sweetest and told me more in 4 minutes of walking to my car than I heard from relatives in a lifetime….what a guy!

After falling face first into my bed with my clothes still on…I was wakened by my boys (the dogs) trying to get me up to let them out to pee at 4 am!!! Well, at least I was dressed :( The next day, bright and early, the way Mr. Chrispy likes it, we woke to strong coffee and donuts while Daddy slept in. I finally got the man up and we decided that even though it was a rainy day we needed to do something, so off we went to Downtown Dayton again to check out a market, 2nd Street Market , that I had heard amazing things about.

First off, my hubby and I are not "Farmer Market Virgins" by any means, we have been around the block so to speak, and after living and visiting many countries, we are total Farmer Market lovers. I hunt these babies down like a bag of "good" grapes in the grocery store! We went, we saw, we ate, and we loved every minute of it.


 Between the grass feed beef, organic vegetables, butter and bread, and the olive oil station, we were in pure food heaven. 


Chrispy is a true climber, wanting to explore all stairs, even if it's raining cats and dogs out! My men…heart explosion!!! :)


And we couldn't leave without taking in some of the food they had available for lunch. Chrispy had a turkey and cheese with cheesy potato soup, hubby had a greek gyro, and I had a chicken pesto basil swiss panini that did not disappoint. Next time I plan to check out the Thai that was being cooked but the line was just too long for my liking and I needed food now!


Hubby bought theses amazing apricot pastries that were later enjoyed during nap time with some milk tea…because tea time is a must!





 Happy Face!!!


Seriously face!

Have a Happy Day Y'all! :)

No comments :

Post a Comment