Mother's Day Hike

Monday, May 19, 2014

Well, my Mother's Day this year wasn't spent as the one before, only going to 2 so far. There was no reason to wear a dress and heels, or get ready for some fancy Mother's Day Brunch being held at some restaurant, we decided to take another route, hiking!!!

My hubby and I love to hike and before Mr. Chrispy made his debut we were hiking machines, trying out any place we heard or read about. I guess we really got into hiking while living in Turkey, they have amazing castles and ruins all over the place, even in the middle of an ocean that you have to get to by boat or swim, so we really took advantage of this outdoor experience, plus
it is free to hike, which we loved!

The day started out with the hubby getting up with Chrispy while I got to sleep in! That could have honestly been enough for the day if that was all I got ;)

Hubby brought me coffee in bed and from there we decided the next best thing was to get ready for a hike at Glen Helen Nature Preserve in Yellow Springs. So after packing our food for the trip and getting dressed we were out the door, and I couldn't have been happier to be spending my day with my boys.

We packed fried bologna sandwiches, fruit, pretzels, hummus, pepperoni, and water…all the necessary needs for a hike.
Eating out of the trunk of my Jeep was awesome since we haven't got to do that yet and being that I love to tailgate, this was the next best thing.

Chrispy did great on the hike, splitting his time between the hubby and I, and walked most of it, but there a few times he needed a lift. I brought the Ergo Carrier and strapped it to me but to be perfectly honest, I think he is kind of out growing it :( Crazy to think that at one point he was way too small to be in it, even with the Ergo Carrier Infant Insert! How time flies :(



                             









  My little frog








 I honestly have to say this is by far the best Mother's Day I have ever had, in my two years of having them, and all it took was a day out in the woods, with my boys, a car picnic, and some family time. I couldn't be more proud to be Chrispy's mother, he is what guides me and reminds me to always be strong and a better person, because he needs me to be. He is the most precious moment of my life.

Happy Belated Mother's Day! :)

No comments :

Post a Comment