1 Week Down, 5 to Go

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

As of today I'm one week in recovery since my breast lift and reduction and I'm actually feeling pretty amazing. This morning was a huge milestone as all of my surgical tape came off so now I'm left with nursing my incisions and keeping them clean. I was actually really nervous when I pulled the tape off but my doctor did say they needed to come off within the next few days or it would start to smell and could cause infection so it was just another step in the recovery process.

So far, I'm super happy with the way they look and how I'm feeling. I honestly thought so much pain went into this procedure but it really has turned out to be mind-over-matter and just by following the steps the doctor tells you it is pretty easy. The most important part is resting and not overdoing it. The doctor said no vacuuming for 2 weeks, so I'm not vacuuming, no running, so I'm not running. Just the standards in taking care of yourself has been an eye opener to how I don't always care for myself properly since having a baby. This has also been a great time for my hubby since he has stayed home with me the whole week and taken care of Chrispy since most of it I have been resting, and it has been wonderful. I was actually cleaning the bathroom this morning while he took Chrispy to his Mother's Day Out Program and when he came home to see me cleaning he immediately told me to stop and to get back into bed and rest. OK!!  Things can wait for awhile, because my body needs to rest.

Even with taking all the naps and medicated relaxation, my mind is stirring while I was awake of all things and projects I can't wait to jump back into. This week has also been busy for us as a family with just doing the basics, like walking from the top of the stairs to the bottom!

For the next few weeks I have wear this sexy compression bra that supports the new ladies…..SO SEXY!!!


The hubby had to run out one day to work on a retirement ceremony for a fellow Air Force Officer and took Chrispy with him. Even though he is a baby/toddler/big kid, he needed to bring a little flare with him, so we dressed him in his fancy Hawaiian shirt…Chrispy apparently was a huge hit! On top of his overall cuteness and adorable-I-can-get-away-with-anything attitude, he ran out in the middle of the ceremony only to stop and yell "DADDA" as loud as he could…..from my understanding it was the highlight of the ceremony….way to go Chrispy ;)


Laundry…because this is a daily thing even when your bedridden! I managed to help the hubby fold piles of laundry everyday to keep his morale up…didn't want him giving up on day 2 just from the laundry :(


The great part of having a fenced in backyard…your kid can play in it while you do other things in the kitchen and still keep an eye on him….a lesson my hubby got to learn as well, the ticks to being a stay-at-home-parent!


Though my hubby thought it was a joke all the times I told him that I woke up to Chrispy's "dirty diapers" ripped off and his "dirtiness" left all over his crib, he got to see it first hand this week…yep, we had these diaper covers sent from Amazon the very next day. He didn't think it was funny when he had to clean it up and Chrispy was clapping and laughing and saying "Dadda Clean" :) So proud!


On a side not, these diaper covers have worked great and I guess they are also cloth diapers but since we don't cloth diaper (don't have the patience to do it) we love them as covers.

Right before I had my surgery I managed to score theses amazing cane chairs for $10 TOGETHER!!! They don't match, one had the french style turned out legs and the other the straight up and down mid century style. I am on the hunt to finding a partner for one of them to make two matching chairs.

The first one was a bad DIY project gone really wrong. The person didn't remove any of the originally fabric and painted the wood and chain this really weird white paint. It was so ugly and now I wish I had snapped the before picture now when I got it. In fact, when the hubby saw it for the first time he asked if someone throw that in our trash pickup…umm…no honey, I actually bought it. He wasn't pleased. By the time he came home from work that day he couldn't believe this was the same chair. I painted over the weird white paint with a gray chalk paint since sanding was going to be hard. I mixed my own chalk paint using Plaster of Paris, BEHR PREMIUM PLUS ULTRA in Pencil Sketch, and some water. I reupholstered the cushions with Robert Allen Chic Ikat Nickel and used the Cover Button Kit to make the buttons for tufting. It was actually a really easy project, the hard part is removing the previous staples.


The next chair I did in a few hours and I obsessed with it! If there is a match to this chair frame out there please give it to me! I want this chair to have a partner so bad to be used as accent chairs in my living room. I painted the frame once again using a homemade chalk paint using Plaster of Paris, BEHR PREMIUM PLUS ULTRA in Very Navy and reupholstered the cushions using PKL Modern Essentials in La Menagerie Spice.


I think I might have a little bit of a chair addiction! My hubby constantly talks about how many chairs we own but I love them. I think it's from watching really posh movies like Somethings Gotta Give where there is a cute little seating area everywhere. I think I also decided to start selling some of my projects online. I really love making old things new and I never skip over detail so maybe it will be a fun side project for me. I just don't know if anyone would actually buy any of my creations.

Hope y'all have a great day! :)

No comments :

Post a Comment