A, B, C, D, E, F, G……..

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

The title of this post might have you thinking of the alphabet while it has me thinking of bra sizes! Yikes! If having a different body than before having a baby wasn't enough, having huge breastfeeding boobs must be the added kicker to remind you that your body went from a young girl to a full on women in a matter of a year.


I was a very lucky girl while I was pregnant and didn't have any symptoms beside the growing baby belly in the front of my stomach. I had an amazing and healthy birth of my son and even breastfeeding came naturally to me. I managed to get back into my size O jeans 4 days later and got back down to my pre-baby weight in a matter of a week, all things were looking up, until they started looking down. By down of course I mean my boobs were never the same, as most women will tell you that after breastfeeding their children.

I've already been on the bustier side, a 32D, which is already a weird and odd bra size to shop for as most stores don't carry them and the one's that do, will charge you a small fortunate just to keep your ladies up and perky….JERKS!!! After I gave birth to my son and began the remarkable task of breast feeding, my size of bra moved from the D cup all the way to the G cup family and still busting at the seems. It looked as though I was going to be an over producer which was great…..for my son, not for me:( Endless days and nights of feeding my son from one side and pumping 8 Oz's. at a sitting on the other side. I was able to pump 8 Oz's. from each side till the day I weaned my son…OUCH!!! To say weaning was difficult was the understatement of the year! He just wanted me, the milk-ready-at-the-right-temperature-cow I had become.



Eventually, after a whole year off the "KEG" he is all about the store bought milk and I couldn't be happier….for him. Me on the other hand was left with yes, my same size bra of 32D, but a different set of pretty ladies than I originally had. Always having felt too busty for my size woman, a 5"3' women weighing in at only 110 lbs., with the added back, neck, and shoulder pain, it felt like it was time to make a change and to be more comfortable. Before I knew it I was in the surgeon's office going over the breast reduction and lift that he will be performing on me this Thursday to be exact.

After lots of research and doubts, I'm finally happy with my decision, at least for now. I am so nervous that it has kept me up late at night. I have never had any surgeries in my life and being that this is the first time I will be put under I'm kinda FREAKING OUT!!! I know that I will be happy in the end. The hardest part from my understanding is the first week post-op due to a slight pain and the initial look of my scars while they are still fresh. Apparently a year from the surgery it won't even look like I had anything done but just the initial reaction is probably going to get to me.

This  has been a long process for me, dating back to I don't know how long ago, of getting a reduction and now that I'm standing on the threshold of having it done, I'm so scared. Many say that they were so happy after and they don't know why they waited so long to have it done, and I just hope I'm the same way. In all, this is a blessing that I'm grateful for and just pray to God to give me courage and the strength I need to get through it.

My hubby couldn't be more supportive, which is so surprising as most men would think I was crazy for going smaller, but fortunately for me my hubby understands and was reassured I was only going down a cup size ;) He was okay with that…MEN!!!

Till I get the chance to write again, thanks for listening. I will be sure to post, for those that are interested in the surgery, how it goes with details if you want.

Have a Happy Day!!! ;)


No comments :

Post a Comment