Snow Day!!!

Thursday, January 2, 2014

We have been in our new house for maybe about two weeks now and love it. It's perfect for our family and what we need right now. The hard part is waiting for our furniture and belongings to finally get here. Infact, they are probably on a ship right now, as I type this, heading our way. The house is very empty and I just can't wait to lay on my couch finally instead of a floor.

I've been trying to hold back from going crazy with shopping just yet because we do have amazing pieces of furniture and decor from our travels, but it is so hard. I always tell myself to wait until everything gets here, and if they so happen to be ruined or damaged, they will replace it for you ;) Hopefully some choice pieces I don't really care for have a "less than safe" journey.

I was getting kind of restless with nothing going on in the house and nothing in it. I also was about to lose my mind if I had to drop my jacket on the floor one more time because there was no place to hang it. I just couldn't take it anymore, so I finally fixed the problem. I made what is our laundry/mud room useable while our stuff is on its way. Just by simply hanging some hooks and a key holder did all world for my crazy obessions.


I also decided instead of a boring key holder I would use a magnetic knife rack. It really is just so much simplier this way. I also nabbed up some of these adorable elephant hooks just so Chrispy could have a reach for his own stuff :) I LOVE THEM!!!

With a blank canvas and no furniture in my house to destroy, it might be the best time to paint, if I do decide to paint. I am not really wanting to paint my whole house, just this long hallway that leads you from my front door to my kitchen. I see long gray stripes and lots of family photos down this hallway maybe? If I do decide to do the stripes, it would only take a little bit of paint to cover it back up when we leave or change our minds (my mind) so it's something I'm really considering. What do you think?


Just a few samples of gray paint that I like, one is more blueish and don't know if will look right.


With all this house planning in my head I completely missed the fact that there was snow on the ground outside! It snowed so hard all day to the point the base even closed down and the hubby got to come early from work. First order of business was to show Mr. Chrispy the snow, for the first time. He was nervous at first to walk out to the backyard to see all the white stuff.


But to be perfectly honest, I don't think he liked it too much. He isn't really used to colder weather, so it will take some time before it grows on him...I hope. Even though Chrispy wasn't having the time of his life, the boys sure were. They nose dived straight into a pile of snow and spent most of the day outside rolling and eating it.






After hours outside playing in the snow, shoveling the snow, wiping the snow, cleaning up the snow, and pretty much everything having to do with snow, this Momma was tired. I was even more tired of the fact that I own two pairs of snow boots and they both happen to be in my shipment with my furniture....of course! So my toes pretty much were frozen all day! Bummer :( I know we will have many more of these days and for that I'm really thankful, but they can wait till I get my boots ;) Just hope they don't come in blizzard form ;)

Happy Thursday Y'all!

No comments :

Post a Comment