Beach Bums

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

This past week was an awesome little adventure for us. Chrispy and I randomly decided we needed a break from Ohio, we just aren't truly in love with our new surroundings yet, and headed to South Carolina for a little Nana and beach action. Growing up in the south, and especially spending part of my childhood in Florida and South Carolina, I am naturally drawn to water. I love the beach, lake, pond, river, swimming pool, hot tub, and even a little baby pool if need be to feel normal. Living in Ohio well, I just feel all dried up if you catch my drift :)

It was Chrispy's first time ever going to the beach and I honestly couldn't wait to get him out on the sand and feel the crashing waves on his feet. When my mom and I arrived at the beach, this time we just went to Myrtle Beach, we didn't have reservations at any of the resorts or hotels so it took us about thirty minutes to finally find a place that didn't cost us our life savings and didn't have a 3 night minimum…yikes! Seriously, checking into a hotel at the beach was the weirdest thing ever for me since growing up and going to the beach all the time I always stayed with friends in a house so it was super odd being a "tourist".

As soon as we unloaded the car into our hotel room we couldn't change out of our clothes fast enough and into bathing suits to get on the beach. Chrispy was a handful at this time from just being super tired from all the traveling but once he put his feet in the sand there was no stopping him. He took off to the water as if he had done it all his life. HE LOVES THE BEACH!!! Beach Bum for Life!! :)












After hours of walking, sun bathing, and playing tag with the water, we were ready to take our party to the outdoor pools at our hotel..plus we heard they had an outdoor bar :) Chrispy was having so much fun at the pools, a first for a change, and even caught a ride with Nana and me on the lazy river. The bar ended up being right next to the baby pool, great minds think alike ;), and the Mom's and I had peach daiquiris to heal the small sunburns we started developing while Chrispy sipped on a Virgin strawberry daiquiris and played the kissing game with us…he really is becoming quite the flirt.







After cleaning up we headed to one of the best seafood places to go in Myrtle Beach called Captain George's and it is really amazing. It's all you can eat crab legs and buffet, which is almost all seafood. Unfortunately my mom and I are the worst people to take to buffets, one plate a piece and we are done, I know, so sad :( But Chrispy polished off three huge plates like nobodies business.

We spent the rest of the evening walking along the strip and listening to the local musicians and even came across an Elvis impersonator and Chrispy was completely mesmerized by this cool dude. We made it back to our hotel about 9 and couldn't resist letting Chrispy play in the indoor pools with the big kids…he really is a water baby ;)


The next picture really describes everything I feel about rides that just spin you around in circles….total disgust!! I hate spinning rides!! Pure and true disgusted face here folks!!


 We headed to the Italian restaurant in our hotel for breakfast while enjoying the splendors of being at the beach. All my mom and I could talk about is how wonderful it must be for people that retire at places like that. Maybe a future location for the hubby and I? ;) After a morning walk on the beach and quick pack up, we headed home. The ocean, sand, and sun really eased my soul and I found a happy place since moving back to the states. More to come on our little adventure……:)






 Until next time my sweet beach bum….Have a Happy Day Y'all!
























No comments :

Post a Comment