Chrispy Turns 2

Monday, July 21, 2014

The day you were born, I was so scared and nervous for what lied ahead. I wasn't thinking too much about the crazy pain you gave me in my back, or the fact that your Dada was in another country, I was too focused on the amazing gift I was about to receive and how terrified I was of the immense responsibility that was going to be laid in my hands. And then you were born. I heard your cry and knew immediately with every fiber of my being that you were mine. You were here. And you were perfect.

The doctor laid you on my chest and you looked up at me and with just the simple phrase of "Hello" you stopped crying, you stopped being scared, and you knew I was yours. Looking back now, it seems like yesterday you came into my world and have been completely rocking it every since.


After just two years together I know this much about life, there is a God, because how could there not be some great higher being after this miracle grows in your belly, shares your body, and changes your heart completely. I had no idea I had so many more chambers of the heart until you were in my arms. I know that watching you sleep gives me a sense of peace I have never felt before. I know that you were made just for me, you are my perfect. I know that I have never been more confident as a woman until I became a mother. I know that I have never been so scared in my life over the best way to protect you. I know that you have given me more joy in a single afternoon than many have tried to give me over the years. And I know one day you will leave this nest for a bigger world, and that doesn't frighten me one bit, because you were loved and know how to love.


Happy 2 Years Christian!!! The joy you have given me I could never repay, but I can always make up for that with an endless supply of hugs and kisses. :)



No comments :

Post a Comment