A Turtle Race

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Sometimes my life doesn't move as fast as I would like it to, I'm stuck in a place of I want to do something but I'm too tired right now. Lately, I have been hit with the blues that has highs and lows of my motivation level. As many of you know, my father passed away earlier this year whom I was extremely close.  I was never able to grieve while I was home because I spent my precious time helping my mother and sister get through the process of saying goodbye to my dad. I didn't fully get the chance to grieve until I made it home, and than it began, the tears and the sadness that took over my heart and mind. I am still trying to get through the pain and some days are harder than others, and it is as if my life is now lived moment to moment depending on my emotions.

The move to Ohio and the delivery of our furniture from Japan has helped me get through this weird limbo of time I'm living in where at times, I have to check the calendar to see what day it is. I'm getting better, more active than I was. I am running again, which is my saving grace when my mind is filled with heaviness, painting and restoring, something I've always enjoyed and keeps my mind busy, and of course I'm trying to be the best mother to little Chrispy that I can be. I also signed up to be a Stella & Dot stylist, something I've wanted to do for over a year now and finally am taking the plunge to meet new people in my new area.

Our days are different with each morning but at least I know I have the heart of a great man that understands "I'm not always going to be able to do it today" and the love of a little boy that I cherish with all my being. I'm a lucky girl. Grieving for someone close to your heart is not something I ever expected to do at the age of 27 but I always imagined it would be hard at first and a month or two later it would be much easier, I was wrong….it's a long turtle race.

Our life will be on cruise control of awhile I think but at least everyday will be blessing, because we got to spend one more day together :)


Growing pains as he gets molars in on both sides and jumps two clothing sizes. Coffee all day long to keep a Momma working.


Ham and cheese quiche to make our tummy's feel better.


Lots of naps, for everyone in the house! Because Papa Johns is the best! Finally have my chalkboard hung in the kitchen for dinner schedules.


Readying nook in the corner of the living room finally arranged. Curtains are hung! Pictures all taken by friends from Japan in the first year of our life being a family of three.

Happy Tuesday Y'all!

No comments :

Post a Comment