Scrub!

Thursday, March 13, 2014


Girls, winter or summer, you should be scrubbing that face and body of yours of dead and dry skin, you know, exfoliate! I have been complimented so many times on my skin and asked what use and I will be really frank about this, nothing but scrub and moisturize like crazy. I am a avid exfoliating queen and that helps my skin stay smooth and encourage new healthy skin. This is the basic 101 of what I do and what I use on a normal basis.

1. Tree Hut Body Scrub- This an oldie but a goodie! I've been using this brand of scrub for years and they come in different smells, but Almond & Honey happens to be my favorite during the cold months. I use it all over my body while in the shower. I do this about three times a week.

2. Lush Ocean Salt- I use this all over my face and neck. It is not as aggressive as a body scrub and smells like the ocean, hence the name. I adore this product! I think it's just amazing and leaves my skin feeling amazing and tight. I use this as well about three times a week and normally in the shower when I exfoliate my body.

3. An exfoliating body scrubber. Any will do depending on what you prefer. Some people use the gloves (like my hubby) to reach all the areas of the body while other use the brush style with handles, it's really up to you as one side is meant to exfoliate the skin.

4. A foot scrubber or callus remover. I use this at the same time because when in Rome you "finish the job" and do the whole body! And by the time you have finished exfoliating the rest of your body in the shower, your feet are ripe of the removing of all the dead skin on feet…yucky! I do this also because I like to use a tinted body moisturizer come spring and summer and don't want the lotion to leave a ugly orange/brown line around the heels of my feet.

5. Olay Night Cream- If I decided to do my exfoliating regimen at night, I will put night cream to moisturize my skin. I have been wearing night firming cream since I was 19 and haven't looked back. The sooner you do this the better off your skin will be…it's all about being preventative.

6. Olay Daily Moisturizer- I use this moisturizer everyday before I put on my make up but also if I exfoliate that morning. Always use a daily moisturizer that has SPF in it to protect your from the sun.

7. I use Jergens Natural Glow during the spring and summer months to keep up a nice tan. This formula is non-greasy and doesn't have a smell so it's perfect, just wait to completely dry before putting your clothes on. If I'm not wearing the tinted lotion I'm putting on Ology Body lotion and I love it! I really want to try all of the Ology products and especially the baby products.

8. Always exfoliate in warm to hot water! Never in cold…that would just hurt :(

Hope everyone has a great Friday and a wonderful Weekend! :)


No comments :

Post a Comment