Ikea Amazing!!!

Saturday, March 29, 2014

As many of my friends know, I'm in love with Ikea! A few years back, before I moved to Turkey, I started to really get into Ikea decor and furniture. Something about the clean lines, versatility, and of course price tag really called to me. My love for Ikea grew even more living in Turkey and Japan because of how Ikea would design and display there show rooms to give you an idea of how to make the most of your, usually small, space. So creative!!

Now that we are stateside again, and have an Ikea only 30 minutes away, I can now really get my hands on all the things I have wanted for so long. We have the hubby's "man cave" upstairs that holds a loveseat but unfortunately no pull-out bed for when company visits. I hope to upgrade to the EKTORP Sofa bed by the end of the year. The great thing about Ikea sofas is the slipcovers because you can change them out and wash them, and when you get tired of a color, change it out….GENIUS!!!

The only problem is that the slipcover selection is not extensive making you have to choose between a solid color or some design you my not like. :( So, while in Japan, my dear friend Deborah showed me a website I could never forget and can't wait to purchase from once I get my sofa bed…..it's called www.bemz.com ! And it is amazing!

This website allows you to pick your piece of Ikea furniture, select a fabric, and view it before purchasing so you can be sure to love it! I am in love! Currently I have the EKTORP Jennylund armchair in Chrispy's room and dream of ordering this amazing pattern for it!


Too cute for words!!! Now I just need to convince my hubby that spending $419 on a slipcover is totally worth it! Don't think he will go for it so my heart will have to carry on looking for something else to fit my high standards :(

As for the sofa bed, wouldn't this print be just so luxurious?! Oh, a girl can daydream :)


What about your tired Ikea couch or armchair, is it time for a face lift? Happy shopping for new covers for your Ikea treasures! :)

No comments :

Post a Comment