Day 1 of the GM Diet/Cleanse

Sunday, October 20, 2013

So, way before I got married and had a baby, I used to do a cleanse about every six months. Something about ridding my body of toxins and starting fresh always felt good. Well, your not supposed to cleanse while  being pregnant, and of course while nursing. Since I nursed my son for the first year of his life, I wasn't able to do a cleanse for almost two years. I decided I wanted to try out the GM Diet just because I had a few friends that actually used it. So day one is nothing but fruit....but as much as I want. So I can say that I'm feeling hungry for sure but with tons of water and unlimited amount of fruit going into my mouth, it's not too bad. Probably just going to be the hardest day since the first day is always the hardest.

This is what a snack looks like right now.....


I know...it's sad :( I'm normally a very clean eater and stay far away from fatty foods, but like I said, this is just cleanse for me. Later tonight I decided I was going to make a shake out of my fruits with just fruit and ice....should fill me up nice with a ton of water I am supposed to consume.

Tomorrow is nothing but veggies which I'm actually looking forward to since I can add salt, pepper, and spices. and I just happen of love veggies. They are very filling for me. I also get to eat a baked potato for breakfast but I decided to do a sweet potato instead since I prefer them and they have less calories. I also can put some butter on it...watch out...living large!

So, while my hunger is very obvious by the sounds my tummy is making I've been trying to keep busy. Going through draws and cleaning out junk. Needed to happen anyways since we are about to move again in December, not sure where yet, and I always try to do a good cleaning of all of our items so we aren't moving junk.

I also reupholstered a chair today. It needed a fabric update and it just felt like the time to do it. If you have never reupholstered a chair before, it's really easy if it's just a cushion you are working with.

Step 1: Take a picture of the before for your blog ;) Unscrew the cushion and remove fabric and staples.

Love this new fabric!!!


 Step 2: Cut fabric to fit the cushion with enough excess to pull back for a proper fitting. I usually begin stapling on opposite sides and pull tight as I go. I will staple the other sides next and do corners last.


 Step 3: Admire your work and make sure the fabric is "placed" where you like it.


 Step 4: Screw your cushion back to your chair frame...easy peasy! A whole new look with just fabric!


As you can tell, I'm doing just about anything to keep my mind off of food and the fact that I still have to prepare meals for my family while I'm doing this! Tonight they are having spaghetti and I'm having a fruit smoothie and maybe a can of pineapples if I want to get crazy! :(

Happy Monday Y'all!


No comments :

Post a Comment