The Pumpkins are Here!

Friday, October 4, 2013

It is Friday here in Japan and really the first day it has felt like Fall, well, at least for the cooler weather part. It has been raining off and on all day here with dark sky's, not exactly happy weather to go outside and play in.

Chrispy and I have been stuck inside most of the day until errands time came and we loaded in the car to our happy BX, to those that aren't military, that is like our local Wal-Mart, except this store carries a mix between low and high priced items.  Of course we grabbed some new shoes, don't tell Dad, and some extras that we couldn't live without, you know, the crap you throw in your cart :)

As we were about to walk back out into this cold and wet day, we decided we needed to hit up the commissary, (once again for non-military cool people) it is a grocery store (not a Trader Joe's or Whole Food type) and managed to grab some of the cutest little pumpkins ever! They had a mix of white and orange and I couldn't be happier with my little purchases today.


They add so much character to our (ugliest base housing front porch) porch and really make it feel like Fall is here! :) Plus they compliment the wreath I made a weeks ago for this festive season.


I just stuffed some plastic grocery bags (yes, I know I should be using eco friendly bags but I still need those plastic bags, so, whatever) at the bottom of these terra cotta pots I had and arranged the little pumpkins on top. They will be a perfect front porch decor for the month of October and will probably be switch out in November for dry wheat or something really "Thanksgiving" like.

Time to open up a bottle of wine and watch a scary movie to make for a perfect Friday evening =) Happy Friday Y'all!

No comments :

Post a Comment