Weekend Recap

Sunday, October 27, 2013

This weekend was filled with lots of at home projects, cleaning, and drinking. Saturday, the family and I were stuck inside most of the day because of a stupid rain storm. We ended up going to our local BX to try and get Chrispy to run off some steam and look for some Halloween costume stuff for the hubs. Unfortunately this year our store didn't get too many good Halloween costumes so we were stuck just picking him up a black shirt and some "skater/goth" looking stuff for his costume....boring!

Later that night we finally got out of the house....and since we had a sitter, we decided we both needed to blow off some steam and drank to our hearts content. PICTURES TO COME! When you live on a military installation you have this amazing program called 225-RIDE that will have people come pick you up and take you home, free of charge, just so you don't try to drive after drinking....AMAZING!!! But I should have warned them when we got in the car that I get motion sickness when sitting in the back seat....luckily I made it home before I got sick all over my front yard....yep, shameless :( I also than proceeded to beg my hubby not to move me from the grass....yep, pathetic!

Needless say, because of all the awesome "reliving our youth" drinking and staying out way past our bedtime, we spent all Sunday pretty much on the couch, recovering! Good Lawrd! I thought I was going to die when I heard my son waking up this morning....the thought of having to stand up made me want to be sick....I will never do Jello shots again!

I was a little productive today and managed to finish a wood sign that I have been meaning to do forever now. Pictures and tutorial to come.

I also managed to finally finish my mint pedestal table that was so neglected. I used homemade chalk paint....my new favorite thing ever!!! Projects don't go as fast as they used to, before I had Chrispy. Now, half my projects are done at night, during nap times, or when the hub is home. I try not to let it bother me and to always have a goal to finish it by a certain time period which keeps me from being overwhelmed by a large project.







I just love her, so dainty and pretty and I love that the old white paint and wood finish pop through with the light distressing I did. She will actually end up as my outside table with maybe some wicker chairs. I have had my eye on these Agen Chair or Holmsel Chair.

Making homemade chalk paint is so easy! Simply choose the paint color and finish you want on your piece. Mix a powdered water putty with water, the consistency should be like pancake batter. Once all powder has dissolved, add paint and mix until there are no longer bubbles. If you wish the paint to be of a thicker consistency, let it sit for about 5 minutes and it will thicken. The great part of chalk paint, there is no real prep, no sanding.....yay!!! I love my new table. Not sure I want to keep these chairs to go with it but they will do for now.

After just a few simple tasks today, I'm worn out. The best part is when my hubby and I had to do the "drive of shame" and go pick our car tonight, baby in toe, strapped in his carseat....Parents of the Year?!  And because everything made me feel queazy today, it was a tomato soup kind of night for us. At least Chrispy was still happy with us. Managed to even make him some Mac and Cheese as an apology for having such stupid parents.




Have a Great Day Y'all!

No comments :

Post a Comment