Worst Day Ever!!!

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

So I thought today was going to be like any other and I would manage not to have a total "Mommy-Melt-Down" in the middle of my living....but I did. I thought it was actually going to be an amazing day since Chrispy had let me sleep until 9:20 am, I even had to wake him. Everything was going good, breakfast was cooked, coffee was made, and I was able to even check my emails without complaint from my pint size human child. By lunch time, the hubby had come home which gave me enough time to go run a few errands and grab some lunch for myself. I was walking up the path to my house when I heard it, screams of terror coming out of my child's mouth….I almost turned the other direction back to the car just to avoid the noise. As I pulled up my big girl panties and took a deep breath….I walked into a big shit storm!!! Christian had lost his mind.

My poor hubby was saying that since I had left, Chrispy went off his rocker and started pitching a fit…screaming, crying, and even hitting my husband. Separation…..wow! For the rest of the day, even with Mommy reclaimed in the household, he cried all day. I checked for everything under the moon to see what was "wrong" with my baby. Turns out, it was just going to be the worst day ever. I tried putting him down for his nap but after about an hour of "crying it out" I couldn't take it anymore. At that point, everything went downhill, I couldn't get anything really done and even holding him did not quiet him down. I wanted to just cry.

Just a snapshot of the day…..



I was lucky enough to have a dear friend and her daughter and son show up to hang out and watch a movie. Her daughter actually managed to entertain Chrispy long enough for me to get a few things done and even bake some cupcakes, just because it was that kind of day. Three cupcakes later, I felt so much better, even with my devil child running around.




By the time my hubby had come home from work, I was finished. I wasn't even hungry for the dinner that I had just made for them. All I wanted to do is retreat to the car for a little joyride just to get out of the hell I had been in all day. After an hour of driving around and stopping for some milk, I came home. Chrispy had already had dinner, a bath, and was ready for bed. Thank God of Hubby's!!!

I was so tired from the day and that I ended up not going to work out at all. Instead, I laid on the couch and drank a glass of wine. Went to bed early too…needed the sleep.

On a side note, we don't have these kind of days normally, and so, it was well overdue I guess. I just am thankful I had my hubby and friend to help me break up the time in-between the crying. It really does take a village to raise a child and I have learned over these past 15 months that I should always take help from those who offer when it comes to Chrispy. Being a Mommy is the hardest job I have ever done but it is also the most rewarding. And even on days like today when I can't take another minute of crying….I still love him so much. I always just try to remember "this too shall pass" and to never judge another mommy if she is falling short one day, we all have those days!

Now I leave you with pictures from the Halloween party that I went to and than managed to become WORST MOMMY OF THE YARD AWARD. I went as a Corpus Bride and my hubby, being last minute like he is, was just some goth kid…..boring. Brooke, the hostess of the party, made the most amazing setting for the Halloween decor and theme.












The beer pong room and Fate game were for sure my downfall of the events that later happened that evening….or a weakness to delicious festive beverages and dare games.

Happy Wednesday Y'all!

No comments :

Post a Comment