Just Another Saturday

Friday, October 18, 2013

Saturdays are usually the days I do some really good deep cleaning in the bathroom's, finishing up some laundry, and completing any "incomplete" projects I have going on. Today was no different, and when the hubby is home to watch over Chrispy things usually go much faster.

Bought this cute little M metal letter at this great store here in Japan called The Globe. It is actually located in another store called Joyful Honda. OH....Joyful Honda, it's like Michaels, Hobby Lobby, Lowe's, Home Depot, and Pet Co had a baby and it was named Joyful Honda. I will miss this place like no other....I've gotten so many of my crafting needs from this remarkable store....oh, and they have an attached grocery store :)


Isn't it cute?! Looks just like the one's from Anthropologie that I just love! But unfortunately they are expensive and I also have to pay for shipping so that just jacks the price up so high that I've waited forever to have one. This guy only cost me about $13 and I could take it home that day. Seriously, this is the only real aggravation I have living in another country, shipping and that I can't actually try it on.  Plus missing Chick-Ful-A....seriously need a chicken sandwich like three years ago!

I also finished my friend Deborah's bar chart. It was originally picked up on the side of the road I think and sat out on her front porch forever!!!! One day I just couldn't take it anymore and demanded that I take it home and spray paint it so it at least looked pretty.  Seriously, if I die young, my famous last words are going to be "I'm just being real" and "Can I spray paint that for you?". She was all about it and even picked up the perfect color for this bad boy....turquoise!!!




I even added caster's to it that Deborah happened to have on hand. Made it easy when I rolled it down the street to her house because she was napping with her sweet new baby Asher. Plan to have many Bloody Mary's mixed on this table ;)

Speaking of sweet new babies, my sister Ashley is pregnant with her first baby, a girl!!! OMG! Finally going to have to start buying girl stuff :) I decided that some of my gift's to her were going to be hand made, starting with a wood sign for her nursery. Marlie Jean will be sure to love it many years down the road.


All I had to do is buy a piece of wood, paint it, sand it with an electric sander for distressing, and than hand drew her name with a paint marker. I finished it with furniture wax to seal it. Can't wait to meet her :)

Have a happy Weekend y'all! I plan to spend mine with the family, eating yummy food and drinking seasonal beer! Cheers! :)

No comments :

Post a Comment